Register your email to receive notifications when new information is added to this page. E-Notify
September 7, 2023
On Wednesday, September 6, the Penfield Town Board passed a resolution to authorize engineering fire BME Associates to complete the site plan design for the updated project plan that includes 10 pickleball courts, two that are ADA accessible, along with a picnic area, open-air pavilion, inclusive playgrounds, and restrooms.
Upon completion, the Town Board will review the new site plan, and determine whether to move forward and put the project out for bid.
August 10, 2023
The Town of Penfield continues its efforts to improve the Shadow Pines property and make it a place for all in the community to enjoy. Over the past few years, the Town Board has been developing plans for a recreation area with pickleball courts in the northeast corner of the property.
Based on feedback from the community in the spring of 2023, an updated proposal has been developed. During the Town Board meeting on Wednesday, August 16, the updated proposal was presented. The new plan features 10 pickleball courts, two that are ADA accessible, along with a picnic area, open-air pavilion, inclusive playgrounds, and restrooms.
Within the plan, extra attention has been taken to ensure the project is accessible to all in the community with widened sidewalks, expanded handicap accessibility, and playground areas that accommodate kids of all abilities.
The proposed project area totals approximately 7 acres, roughly 3% of the total property, and focuses on the preservation of the natural landscape by utilizing the area which was formerly a golf fairway.
Residents are also welcome to provide feedback to the Supervisor’s Office by calling (585) 340-8630 or email@example.com.
The Town Board will next discuss the proposal during its legislative meeting on Wednesday, September 6, at 6:30 p.m.
You can view the latest project information, including an overview video, using the links provided below.
Project Concept Plan Map (click to enlarge):
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category
Past Documentation3 documents
- Phase 1 - Landscape Plan Map 2022 Landscape layout of site plan 2022-02-17
Phase 1 - Site Plan Map 2022
2022-02-17The project entitled Shadow Pines, Phase 1 includes the proposed redevelopment of a portion of a former golf course to an approximately twenty-two-acre multi-use Town of Penfield recreation facility located at 2701 Atlantic Avenue, at the southwest corner of Whalen Road (County Road 13) and Atlantic Avenue (State Route 286) on tax parcel #124.09-1-1.
This redevelopment project will include the construction of a multi-use area consisting of a 119-space parking lot, a ±3,200 square foot main pavilion with restrooms, an additional ±800 square foot open-air pavilion, 16 pickleball courts, two playgrounds, multiple internal sidewalks and trails, and a multipurpose recreational lawn area.
Two separate driveway entrances will be constructed off Whalen Road near Atlantic Avenue to provide access to the property. A 6" waterservice will be brought into the site to service the new bathrooms along with installation of sanitary sewer facilities. Stormwater will be handled by a new facility that will
Past Meeting Videos9 documents
- Town Board Meeting, September 6, 2023 Resolution 23T-180 | Authorization for the Supervisor to Sign a Professional Services Contract with BME Associates for Engineering Services Related to the Shadow Pines Property
- Town Board Work Session, August 16, 2023 Shadow Pines Phase 1 Plans Revised
- Town Board Work Session, May 17, 2023 Shadow Pines Phase 1 Project (Pickleball) Next Steps
- Town Board Meeting, May 3, 2023 Discussion on Resolution 23T-119 (Shadow Pines Property)
- Town Board Work Session, February 22, 2023 Shadow Pines Site and Recreation Facilities Bid Documents
- Town Board Meeting, February 9, 2023 Shadow Pines Conceptual Plan and Next Steps
- Town Board Work Session, March, 23, 2022 Discussion of ARPA funds - (Pickleball)
- Town Board Meeting, March 24, 2021 Guest Item: Discussion regarding the possible installation of pickleball courts at Shadow
- Town Board Work Session, February 12, 2020 BME Associates - Presentation of the Draft Shadow Pines Master Plan