The Town Engineer oversees the technical aspects of public works projects involving water, drainage, sewer, roadways, traffic, planning, facilities, and construction. The Town Engineer also assists with revisions and updates to the Town's development specifications and oversees the sidewalk program, prioritizing new sidewalk construction and repairs.
The Engineering Department
- Provides technical insight and support to the Town Supervisor, Town Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and other Town departments
- Coordinates projects with other county, state, and federal agencies
- Interacts with residents regarding property-specific and neighborhood issues and projects involving Town infrastructure and rights-of-way
- Provides field observations and consultation for all development in the town to ensure projects comply with resolutions issued by approval boards
- Verifies that the financial obligations of developers are met and properly administered
- Receives and investigates residents’ drainage complaints, reviews issues that affect the town and its residents, and recommends drainage improvement projects to the Town Board or other agencies
- The Town of Penfield has developed and maintains a stormwater management plan (SWMP) as part of its responsibilities as a Designated MS4. The Town is committed to collaborating with the Monroe County Stormwater Coalition to develop educational opportunities, investigate and implement best management practices, provide and offer training, and ensure that Penfield has the tools it needs to keep our local waterways clean of stormwater pollution.