Test your device or computer equipment (video camera and microphone) in advance of the meeting by accessing http://www.zoom.us/test
- Please use the Zoom meeting invite information provided to you by the Town.
- Join the Zoom meeting 20-minutes before the start of the meeting. You will be entered into the Zoom meeting from the waiting room once your name is confirmed. Please be sure your name on Zoom matches the information provided to the Town. Individuals that have NOT been identified in advance of the meeting will be denied entry
Note: Zoom invite information is for meeting applicants and guest(s) participants only!
Each applicant and guest are asked to mute their microphone and keep their video off until your application is announced. Penfield TV staff will provide additional instructions as needed.
- Check that your Zoom display name is correct when joining the meeting.
- Rotate your phone or tablet so that your video is horizontal (wide), not in vertical (tall/portrait) mode.
- The use of headphones or earbuds is encouraged to reduce audio echoes or feedback.
- Be aware of your background: sound, noise, conversations, or visuals that others can see and hear.
- Use a well-lit room. Do not place bright lights or windows behind you. You will be silhouetted and will not be seen. NOTE: at night, windows reflect like a mirror off the space in front of you.
- (ALT+A) = Turns microphone ON and OFF.
- (Space bar) = "Hold down" to temporarily unmute your microphone for use.
- (ALT+V) = Turns computer camera ON and OFF.
Need Zoom or tech help?
The Town of Penfield TV Department can assist you with your Zoom or technology questions. (M-F, 9 am-5 pm) 585-340-8661, or during the meeting at 585-340-8771.
- Amazon Fire
- Apple TV
Individuals in attendance will have the opportunity to address the board or meeting chairperson, as indicated on the meeting agenda, for the following meetings:
Town Board Legislative Sessions, Legal Board Public Hearings, the Library Board of Trustees, and/or Informational Meetings.
Each speaker will be asked to use the provided microphone, and to give their name and address before delivering their comments.
All public participation is to be directed through the meeting chairperson.
Please refer to the meeting agenda if phone calls are excepted.
Each town board and committee welcomes written comments. Comments can be submitted through the website Contact US link.
During Live Meeting
Public input is accepted via the town's website. Submission is sent directly to the board chairperson as meeting participation. Please refer to the meeting agenda if live written comments are accepted.