Address:1960 Clark Road,
Penfield, NY 14526
Stay up-to-date by registering your email address to receive notifications when new information is added to this page. E-Notify
Next Meeting for discussion:
Currently not posted on an agenda
Tour the Clark Road Barn.
If you require assistance while navigating the tour, please click on the HELP menu located on the lower right side of the tour screen.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Clark Road Barn Committee6 documents
- 2023-05-15 Clark Road Barn Advisory Committee Meeting Project Kick-off and Process Overview Presentation
- Resolution 23T-116 Appointments to the Clark Road Barn Committee Town Board Meeting - Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- Resolution 23T-086 Establishment of the Clark Road Barn Committee Town Board Meeting - Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Town Documents and Videos27 documents
Town Meeting Videos (Clark Road Barn Discussions)19 documents
- Town Board Work Session Discussion Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - Action Item
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Preservation Board - Thursday, December 7, 2023
- Resolution 23T-230 (Conditions Assessment RFP) Town Board Legislative - Wednesday, December 6, 2023
- Town Board Work Session Discussion Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - Action Item
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Presentation Board - Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Presentation Board - Thursday, August 3, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Presentation Board - Thursday, July 6, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Preservation Board - Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Barn Discussion Historic Preservation Board - Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Resolution 23T-116 Appointments to the Clark Road Barn Committee Town Board - Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Presentation Board - Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Resolution 23T-086 - Clark Road Barn Committee Town Board - Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Presentation Board - Thursday, March 2, 2023
- Work Session Discussion Town Board - Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Public Input Session - Clark House and Clark Road Barn Town Board - Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Informational Item - Clark Road Barn Discussion Historic Presentation Board - Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Work Session Discussion Town Board - Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Clark Road Barn History and Status Presentation Town Board Work Session - Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Torchia Structural Engineering & Design, PC Report Town Board Work Session - December 14, 2022
Contractors have finished installing a tarp over a portion of the Clark Road Barn to aid in the reduction of additional damage from the weather. This gives the newly appointed Clark Road Barn Committee time to review the barn's needs and make recommendations to the Town Board about the best ways to use it.
The Town Board recently passed a resolution to appoint community members to the Clark Road Barn Advisory Committee. You can stay updated on their discussions on this webpage.
We're committed to keeping you informed about this important community project. Please contact the Town Supervisor's office if you have any questions or concerns.
At its Wednesday, March 15 legislative meeting, the Penfield Town Board passed a resolution to create the Clark Road Barn Advisory Committee.
The advisory committee will gather additional information and provide input that the Town Board will use to determine the most appropriate future use and/or construction activity related to the Clark Road Barn. The scope of work for this advisory committee will include the Clark Road Barn only.
Representatives from relevant Town departments, boards and committees, residents, property owners, and subject matter experts will make up the group.
The Town of Penfield is currently accepting applications from individuals interested in participating on the committee. To submit your interest, please send a resume and letter of interest outlining your qualifications to Supervisor@penfield.org. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 31.
Should you need assistance, please call (585) 340-8630.
Feedback received during the Public Input Session on February 15 is currently being reviewed and will assist the Town Board as it moves the planning process forward. The Board will continue discussions on both the Clark House and Clark Road Barn at their next work session.
The Penfield Town Board will be hosting an opportunity for the community to provide input on the Clark House and Clark Road Barn on Wednesday, February 15. The public input session will take place at 6:30 p.m. during the regularly scheduled Town Board meeting in the Penfield Town Hall auditorium.
At the meeting, an overview of the Clark House will be shared. Following the short presentation, a chance to provide feedback and comments will take place.
On Wednesday, January 4, the Penfield Town Board continued its discussion on the future of the Clark Road Barn. No final decisions have been made, and discussion will continue at the Wednesday, January 11 Town Board meeting. As this meeting is a work session, there will not be an opportunity for public participation.
For the safety of the public, as the Town Board continues to review the best path forward, additional signage has been posted and fencing has been added around the structure.
During the December 14 Penfield Town Board Work Session, the Town Board was made aware of recent structural damage to the interior of the Clark Road Barn including the collapse of the southeast corner of the barn floor into the basement.
The structure is located on Clark Road on the Shadow Pines property directly across the street from the Clark House.
Based on the recent collapse, Town staff solicited the expertise of a structural engineer to compile a report on the barn’s structural condition.
In the report, which was completed the week of December 12 by Torchia Structural Engineering & Design, PC, it was noted that several major structural deficiencies are present. The report recommended the barn be removed as soon as possible as it poses a potential safety risk should it collapse.
The Town’s insurer has also recommended the structure be removed due to its condition.
With an emphasis on public safety, and considering the engineering report and information provided by the insurance company and Town staff, the Town Board has directed immediate action to address noticeable safety hazards.
The recommended removal and other actions to preserve historic remnants of the barn will be carefully discussed by the Town Board at its next scheduled meeting on January 4, 2023. In the interim, the public should remain at a safe distance from the structure.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the Supervisor’s Office at (585) 340-8630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.