A door-to-door solicitation is defined as any attempt to make personal contact with a resident at his or her residence, without prior specific invitation by or appointment with the resident, for the primary purpose of:
- Seeking or asking for a gift or donation for a public entity or tax-exempt nonprofit organization exempt from federal income tax under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3);
- Soliciting the sale of goods, wares, or merchandise for present or future delivery, or the sale of services to be performed immediately or in the future, with the entire proceeds of such sale to be paid directly to, or used exclusively for the benefit of, a public entity or tax-exempt nonprofit organization exempt from federal income tax under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3);
- Personally delivered to the resident a flyer advertising a future, not-for-profit event, activity, good, or service;
- Proselytizing on behalf of a religious organization;
- Soliciting the sale of newspaper or magazine subscriptions.
- Never pay or donate cash.
- Dylan Laney 60 Fairway Drive, Rochester, NY 14612
- Liam Erickson 440 Calm Lake Circle, Rochester, NY 14612
CITIZENS CAMPAIGN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (May 26, 2021 - September 25, 2021)
- Chris Huetteman: 133 Dell St. Syracuse, NY 13210
- Brianna Diliberti: 133 Dell St. Syracuse, NY 13210
- Rossie Baldwin: 614 Ulster Apt. 1, Syracuse, NY 13204
- Laura Nebuchadnezzar: 331 Winton Street, Apt.2 Syracuse, NY 13203
- Orchid Kinzie-Middleton: 3191 East Road, Cazenovia, NY 13035
- Kira Swidzunski: 22 Hilary Drive, Bayville, NY 11709
- Jamie Pershing: 145 Avondale Place, Apt. 5 Syracuse, NY 13210
- Exemptions: Non-commercial solicitors are not required to obtain a selling permit. A non-commercial solicitor is defined as a public entity (schools, government) or a non-profit organization exempt from federal income tax under 26 U.S.C. 501 (c)(3)
- If a solicitor comes to your door, please ask to see their Town of Penfield Selling Permit and their photo ID. If the solicitor does not meet the above exemptions and does NOT present a permit issued by the Town Clerk, tell them to leave and close your door. Please call 911 and then contact the Town Clerk’s office with any information about the solicitor. If possible, make a note of details about the person, business, and vehicle to share with 911 and the Town Clerk.
- Permitted solicitors may only operate between 10:00 AM and dusk. Please report any violation of this restriction to the Town Clerk’s office.
- Never use cash to pay or donate to a solicitor.
To obtain fee information and a Selling Permit application please contact the Town Clerk at (585) 340-8629, the completed application will need to be submitted with the following items:
- A copy of the applicant’s Driver’s License, both front, and back
- A color passport size photo of the applicant (2”x 2” color)
- After receiving a completed selling application the Town Clerk will obtain a background check for applicants within Monroe County.
- Applicants that reside outside of Monroe County must provide a background check with their submission.
- The Town Clerk will contact applicants on the status of their permit following their background check.
- The Town Clerk has the right to terminate a selling permit upon violation of rules.
The Town of Penfield requires a selling permit issued by the Town Clerk for door-to-door solicitation. Solicitors must request a permit application directly from the Town Clerk’s office. After review and a background check, approved solicitors will receive a selling permit from the Town Clerk. Approved solicitors must carry a copy of their permit to present to residents and visibly wear a company-issued photo ID badge when going door-to-door. Solicitors may operate only between 10:00 AM and dusk during the permitted dates and must show resident their permit and photo ID upon request. Solicitor photo ID must be worn where it is visible.
There is a $250.00 selling permit application fee. Once approved, a $100.00 fee must be submitted per each approved subsequent license (the first license is included in the application fee).
- Non-commercial solicitors are not required to request a selling permit. A non-commercial solicitor is defined as a public entity (schools, government) or a non-profit organization exempt from federal income tax under 26 U.S.C. 501 (c)(3).