I have received a traffic ticket - what do I do now?
You have three options:
Plead guilty by mail (Section A of your ticket).
- Print your name, CURRENT ADDRESS including zip code, date, and your signature. A fine and surcharge will be imposed by the judge and you will be notified by mail, with payment instructions;
Plead not guilty by mail (Section B of your ticket).
- Print your name, CURRENT ADDRESS including zip code, date, and yuor signature. A new court date will be mailed to you. At this court dtae you will be scheduled for a conference with the Assistant District Attorney assigned to Penfield Town Court;
- Personally appear on the court date stated on the face of your ticket (located at the lower left corner of your ticket). The Assistant District Attorney will screen your ticket at that date and time.
I have received a parking ticket, what do I do now?
You have two options:
- Plead guilty by mail. Simply print your name and CURRENT ADDRESS on the envelope and mail in the fine amount. The fine amount and violation is on the face of the ticket envelope (personal checks are NOT accepted);
- Personally appear on the date set on the ticket. At this appearance you may speak with the Judge; however, the trial will not be held that night, as the officer will not be present. A future trial court date will be set.
- Parking tickets are issued in the Town of Penfield by a Parking Monitor or the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.