The DEC's website suggests these ideas for Free Fishing Days:
- Try fishing for the first time.
- Haven't fished in a while? Remember the joy of catching a fish again for free!
- Become an ambassador to the sport; take a friend fishing for the first time.
- Invite a friend to New York to fish.
- Take a spouse or significant other fishing.
- Take the family fishing...and don't forget the grandparents!
Another upcoming DEC event is an Accessible Fishing Clinic to be held Tuesday, September 28. Join DEC Educators & Rochester Accessible Adventures at Black Creek Boat Launch in Rochester, Monroe County (Address: 16 Black Creek Rd, Rochester, NY 14623). This family-friendly event focusing on adaptive fishing equipment and accessible DEC lands will run from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. There will be demonstrations of Strong-Arm rod holders and the REXfly flyfishing one-arm system. For more information, email email@example.com.