Rochester Business Journal has selected the Town of Penfield as a 2021 Workplace Wellness “Rookie of the Year” recipient.
Rochester Business Journal created the Workplace Wellness Awards to celebrate Rochester-area employers who promote health and wellness in the workplace in a variety of categories:
- Employer of the Year honors the best overall workplace wellness programs based on company size.
- Rookie of the Year is awarded to the company just getting started with a new wellness plan.
- Health and Wellness Champion of the Year recognizes individuals who truly embody healthy living in the workplace.
- Best Work/Life Balance Culture is presented to companies that go above and beyond to encourage their employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Best Employee Mental Health Program is given to the companies with the best programs to address their employees’ mental health needs.
The winners were selected by the editors of the Rochester Business Journal.
"This year's Workplace Wellness honorees lead, innovate, promote good health and encourage others during these challenging times," said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, senior group publisher of the Rochester Business Journal. "Workplace wellness programs can reduce employees’ health care utilization, enhance their productivity and, most importantly, improve their quality of life. We at the Rochester Business Journal congratulate these organizations for their tremendous efforts.