An Update from Supervisor LaFountain
If you disposed of personal documents at the June 5 secure document destruction event at the Penfield Community Center, you can take pride in knowing you helped divert nearly 4,000 pounds of paper from the landfill while protecting your own personal information!
Our environmental report from Eco Green Park shows 3,940 pounds of material was shredded and will be repurposed. This amount is equal to 1.97 tons of newly processed paper and translates to impressive measurable benefits with a total value of $10,048.22:
- 33 trees saved, $8,250.00 value
- 13,790 gallons of water saved, $62.06 value
- 8,077 Kw of energy saved, $646.16 value
- 118 pounds of pollutants kept out of the atmosphere, $590.00 value
- 10 cubic yards of landfill saved, $500.00 value
If you missed this event, watch the calendar for another opportunity this fall. You can also go to eco-Park year round for off-site shredding or visit Eco Green Park’s website https://www.eco-greenpark.com/ to learn more about their services and upcoming public events.