We're Hiring: Apply to Join our Team!
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with staff and public
- Ability to sort material in alphabetic or numeric order
- Ability to operate an alphanumeric keyboard, such as a terminal or personal computer accurately
- Ability to lift and reach for objects, such as books, supplies and files, and to stand for extended periods of time
- Checks library materials in and out
- Sorts, shelves, relocates, and searches for library materials
- Operates office machinery, such as photocopiers or computers
- Works on Library Automation Services reports
- Arranges or files materials according to library filing rules
- Performs routine searches of and updates to computer records
- Answers the telephone and takes messages
16 hours per week, with a regular weekend rotation
$13.61 per hour
New York State retirement plan optional
Please submit a resume, a letter of interest, and the contact information of three references to Sarah Terry by August 5, 2021 if you are interested in applying for this position. You can submit your application documents in person, by mail, or online via the form below.
Please be advised that the successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Penfield Public Library provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Penfield Public Library complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.