Address:1960 Clark Road,
Penfield, NY 14526
The Property is a unique open space asset, centered in the southwestern part of the town of Penfield. Formerly Shadow Pines Golf Course, the land was purchased by the Town of Penfield in 2018 for general municipal use, after the golf course had ceased operation in 2016. Voters had overwhelmingly approved the purchase via a public referendum in February of 2018. The vote indicated that residents desire that the land be preserved as recreational or natural open space.
After purchase, the Town Board appointed a committee of residents to provide recommendations for the best possible use of this property. The committee, known as the Shadow Pines Land Use Advisory Committee, compiled its recommendations in a final report in 2019. Recommendations took into account the recommendations of the Moratorium Committee, the 2020 Comprehensive Plan, residents, and Town staff.
The engineering and landscape architecture firm BME Associates was hired to develop a Conceptual Master Plan for the Property based on recommendations of the Shadow Pines Land Use Advisory Committee.
- Disc Golf Course - Under Construction
- Pickleball Courts - Under Review
- Mountain Biking - Under Review
- Clark House - Under Review
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
The Shadows Advisory Committee2 documents
Clark House1 document
- The Clark House Building Study 12/2020 - The purpose of the Study is to assess the existing building for use as a restaurant tenant. The primary focus for the Study is to identify potential building code and remedial renovation work required.
Moratorium Committee4 documents
- Local Law 1 2016 Moratorium
- Local Law 1 of 2016 Moratorium Golf Course Redevelopment
- Adoption of Local Law No. 1 Resolution-17T-081 To extend Moratorium with TOP Golf Course
- Video - Committee Meetings Link to You Tube Playlist. March - September 2016. Citizen advisory committee to identify and review all land use options for the Shadow Lake/Shadow Pines properties.
Land Use Committee5 documents
- Appointments to Shadow Pines Land Use Advisory Committee
- Public info meeting Nov 13
- Shadow Pines Land Use Advisory Committee Final Report
- Video - Committee Meetings Link to You Tube Playlist. September 2018 - April 2019. Shadow Pines Land Use Advisory Committee
- Video - Perspective and Process - Shadow Pines Land-Use Update Community Lecture sponsored by the Penfield Trails Committee. Town Staff update on the process of Shadow Pines, one-year following the referendum vote.
Conceptual Master Plan7 documents
- Shadow Pines Existing Conditions Map
- RFP for Shadow Pines Property Conceptual Master Plan
- Shadow Pines Conceptual Master Plan Final Report
- Shadow Pines Conceptual Master Plan Map
- Shadow Pines Conceptual Master Plan Presentation
- Shadow Pines Mountain Bike Area Potential Partners Memo
- Shadow Pines Updated Concept Sketch