Town Guidelines and Resources for COVID-19
Access Town Facilities
Mask-wearing is mandatory, and social distancing must be observed in all Town facilities.
Visitors to the town hall will be greeted by a new kiosk system upon entry to the building. The kiosk will prompt visitors to sign in, answer health department screening questions, and offer menus to connect them to the service or department they wish to see.
The department will receive a message that a visitor is waiting, then the department will remotely unlock the secure doors for visitor entry, much like when entering an apartment building. Signs will direct people to the first or second floor to conduct their business.
- Penfield Public Library is open to walk-in patrons who wish to borrow materials. Seating areas are limited. Curbside pickup service is available for those who do not wish to enter the building. A limited number of computers are available for one-hour sessions. Call (585) 340-8720 for details.
- Penfield Recreation is open to registered program participants. Walk-ins may call the office when they arrive and an employee will let them in or meet them at the door. Call (585) 340-8655. http://www.penfieldrec.org/
- Penfield Town Court is open and conducting court business. Call (585) 340-8623 or email email@example.com with questions regarding access.
- Local History Room is open with limited hours, call in advance (585) 340-8740.
The DPW is accepting brush Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM. They will accept branches and shrubs only—no large stumps, concrete or general debris, lawn clippings, or leaves.
Parks, trails, sports fields, ball courts, and other outdoor facilities are open to the public.
When on Town property, maintain physical distancing of at least six feet and wear a mask if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
All Town meetings continue to be conducted remotely by video.
See individual board and committee agendas for viewing and participation information.
Door to Door Sales / Solicitors
All permitted solicitors and charitable organization participants MUST adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Participants should have no symptoms of COVID-19
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Use hand sanitizer
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others
Tax Bill Payment
How to pay in person
- At the Tax Office at the Penfield Town Hall, 3100 Atlantic Avenue, 14526. Check or cash accepted. Please bring your entire bill so we can stamp the top portion, which will become your receipt and proof of payment.
- After business hours, you may place your payment in a secure payment drop box located at the east entrance of the town hall. Pay by check only. Envelopes are provided on the right side of the box. Payments are removed twice daily. If your payment cannot be processed we will return it with a letter of explanation. A receipt will be mailed within 48 hours of your payment.
How to pay Taxes by mail
Taxes may be paid by U.S. mail. The U.S. Postal Service postmark on the payment envelope will be used to determine the date of payment and the amount of the interest or late payment charges that may be due for that payment. Tax payments delivered by the U.S. Postal Service after the due date with a postage meter mark instead of an official U.S. Postal Service postmark are not considered timely; they will be processed according to the day received by the Tax Office—not the date on the enclosed check.
When paying by mail, please provide the entire bill and check the box on the payment stub to request a receipt.
For more information, visit the Receiver of Taxes Page
Monroe County Health Department
- Information Update https://www.monroecounty.gov/health-covid19-vaccine
- COVID-19 Testing, Monroe Community College
- FREE Rapid COVID-19 Testing, multiple locations
- COVID-19 NY State-Wide Registration
- ROC-COVID-19 (Daily Health Screening)
- CDC - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Older adults & medical conditions
- How to Prepare
- Cloth Face Coverings
- Disinfecting your home if someone is sick
- Keeping Safe
- Manage Anxiety & Stress
- Guidance for schools
- Social Distancing & Self Quarantine
- COVID-19 World Map
- NYS Early Warning Monitoring Dashboard
- NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Tracker
- NYS Daily Hospitalization Summary by Region
- NYS Regional Monitoring Dashboard
- Monroe County, NY, COVID-19 Dashboard
- Rt COVID-19 (by state)
- Monroe County Health Department
- Monroe County Clerk's Office Emergency Ops
- Monroe County DMV Office
- DHS COVID-19 Information Page
- New York State Department of Health
COVID-19 hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- New York State Attorney General
- New York - Empire State Development
- Statewide Guidelines for Opening
- New York State - MOVING NEW YORK FORWARD
- Statewide Guidelines
- Industries Reopening by Phase
- NYS COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan Template
- Phase One Guidance
- Phase Two Guidance
- Phase Three Guidance
- Phase Four Guidance
- Emergency Small Business Assistance loan program
- Job Portal
- Essential businesses or entities exempted
- NYS COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan Template