The Town Clerk's Office issues dog licenses for Penfield residents. In New York State, dogs are required by law to be licensed annually. Dogs that are four (4) months or older must be licensed. The required paperwork includes a current rabies certificate, a spay/neuter certificate (if applicable), and a check made out to the Town of Penfield. Mail or come to our office at: Penfield Town Clerk, 3100 Atlantic Avenue, Penfield, New York, 14526. There is not an application form and all paperwork will be returned to you with the issued license and tag.
Dog License fees are as follows (Fees as of January 1, 2011):
- Unspayed/Unneutered Dogs (includes state-mandated $3.00 surcharge) $20.00
- Spayed/Neutered Dogs (includes state-mandated $1.00 surcharge) $10.00
Dog License for Senior Owner (65 Years of Age) * Please Note "Senior Citizen"on Renewal
- Spayed/Neutered Senior Owner $5.00
- UnSpayed/Unneutered Senior Owner $15.00
- If a dog is licensed due to a dog "census/enumeration" conducted by the Town, there is an additional $5.00 fee mandated under New York State law.
Renew Your Dog's License Online
Your dog's rabies information must be current in our system in order to renew online.
If the rabies vaccination information on the renewal notice is blank (see below), scan proof of rabies to PDF, JPEG or TIFF and submit via this form. Please make sure the certificate shows all of the information in the image below. We will update the information in the system and you will be able to proceed with the renewal - typically on the next business day.
There is a $1.75 convenience fee added to each online renewal.
Help us keep our records up to date
- Have you turned 65 since your dog's last renewal?
- Has the dog received an updated rabies vaccination?
- Has the dog been spayed or neutered?
- Have you (or the dog) moved to a new home?
- Has the dog passed away?
- Do you have a new phone number or email address?
Please let us know any updated information via this form.
Dog Licensing requirement, Procedures and fees Section 90-5 of the town law and code