The Town Clerk's Office issues dog licenses for Penfield residents. In New York State dogs are required by law to be licensed annually. Dogs that are four (4) months or older must be licensed. A license may be submitted in person or mailed but must include a current rabies certificate, a spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) and a check made out to the Town of Penfield. Mail to: Penfield Town Clerk, 3100 Atlantic Avenue, Penfield, New York, 14526.
- Dog License fees are as follows (Fees as of January 1st, 2011):
- Unspayed/Unneutered Dogs (includes state-mandated $3.00 surcharge) $20.00
- Spayed/Neutered Dogs (includes state-mandated $1.00 surcharge) $10.00
- Dog License for Senior Owner (65 Years of Age) * Please Note "Senior Citizen"on Renewal
- Spayed/Neutered Senior Owner $5.00
- UnSpayed/Neutered Senior Owner $15.00
- If a dog is licensed due to a dog "census/enumeration" conducted by the Town, there is an additional $5.00 fee that is mandated under New York State law.