On Monday, April 30, 2012, the Monroe County Department of Transportation will start construction work on the Penfield Road Bridge Rehabilitation over Irondequoit Creek. The bridge is located between the two intersections of Penfield Road and Old Penfield Road. Penfield Road will be closed to through vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the two intersections with Old Penfield Road, with access maintained to the neighbors on Penfield Road within this section. During construction, Penfield Road traffic will be detoured via Old Penfield Road.
The work will consist of::
• Removal of the old bridge deck and beams (superstructure)
• Preparation of the abutments for new bearings and steel beams
• Minor repairs of existing wingwalls and abutment surfaces
• Pavement and guiderail replacement within the project limits
• Installation of a new sidewalk across the north side of the bridge and its approaches
• Minor grading within the project limits
• Stone flood armoring of the existing abutments
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we expect to have the project completed and the road re-opened to traffic in approximately six months.