The Town Clerk's Office issues dog licenses for Penfield residents. In New York State dogs are required by law to be licensed annually. Dogs that are four (4) months or older must be licensed. The required paperwork includes a current rabies certificate, a spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) and a check made out to the Town of Penfield. Mail or come to our office at: Penfield Town Clerk, 3100 Atlantic Avenue, Penfield, New York, 14526. There is not an application form and all paperwork will be returned to you with the issued license and tag.
- Dog License fees are as follows (Fees as of January 1st, 2011):
- Unspayed/Unneutered Dogs (includes state-mandated $3.00 surcharge) $20.00
- Spayed/Neutered Dogs (includes state-mandated $1.00 surcharge) $10.00
- Dog License for Senior Owner (65 Years of Age) * Please Note "Senior Citizen"on Renewal
- Spayed/Neutered Senior Owner $5.00
- UnSpayed/Unneutered Senior Owner $15.00
- If a dog is licensed due to a dog "census/enumeration" conducted by the Town, there is an additional $5.00 fee that is mandated under New York State law.
*Please Note*: A first time dog license cannot be obtained online and a license can only be renewed if a valid rabies certificate is on file in the Clerk's Office.
There is a $1.75 convenience fee added to allow for this online service.