The Monroe County Clerk's office holds periodic Passport Outreach events at the Penfield Town Hall, usually in April and October. Check the Town web calendar for upcoming dates. For additional dates, locations and information please visit the Monroe County Clerk office web page at www2.monroecounty.gov - County Clerk.
When applying for a passport, please be prepared to provide the following:
- A completed application, type written or neatly printed in black ink only. Do not sign the form until in the presence of a Clerk.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship in one of three forms:
- a certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised seal and parents names listed,
- original naturalization papers, or
- an old U.S. passport issued in your name
- Proof of identity in the form of:
- a valid NYS Driver License or non-Driver ID,
- a valid military ID,
- naturalization papers issued to you as an adult, or
- an INS Alien Registration Card
- Two identical passport photos, 2" x 2" with a white background and a full front view of your head and shoulders. Pictures must be taken within the last six months. Pictures are available in the Monroe County Clerk’s Office for a fee of $7 per set.
- Appropriate fees in cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
- Adult (16 years or older) - $110 for a passport book and/or $30 for a passport card.
- Child (under 16 years old) - $80 for a passport book and/or $15 for a passport card.
- There is an additional $35 agency processing fee for each application (please note this fee increased effective April 2018.)
- Applicants between the ages of 16 to 18 must appear with a parent or legal guardian.
- Applicants under the age of 16 must appear with BOTH PARENTS.
Note: If you were born in Monroe County you may obtain a copy of your birth certificate by contacting the Bureau of Vital Statistics at 753-5141.
For quicker results, download a passport application, fill it out beforehand but do not sign it and bring it with you to the County Clerk’s Office.
If you have any additional questions, please call 585 753-1600.