The Engineering Department provides technical support to the Town Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and other Town departments. It oversees public works projects involving drainage, sidewalks, and contruction. The Engineering Department coordinates on projects with other county, state and federal agencies.
The Town of Penfield Engineers office is responsible for a variety of projects that include working with everyone from town residents to state officials. Among the responsibilities of the Town Engineer are to:
- Coordinate with other town, county, and state agencies regarding projects of mutual interest.
- Provide input to Town Supervisor and various board members regarding planning, facility, drainage, highway, traffic, water, sewer, or other technical issues.
- Provide field observations and consultation for all development in the town, and that it complies with the resolutions provided from the appropriate approval boards, and to verify that such financial obligations of the development are met and properly administered.
- Assists with revisions to the Town's Development Specifications and keeps it current with updates.
- Receive drainage complaints, and review and recommend improvements for drainage issues that affect the town and its residents.
- Oversee the Town’s sidewalk program that prioritizes where new sidewalks are to be installed and where repairs will be made.
Penfield Flood Zone information is available at FEMA’s Map Service Center .